The 60th Anniversary
Decorators’ Show House and Gardens
The Columns on Meridian 5417 North Meridian Street
St. Margaret’s Hospital Guild is proud to have contributed nearly $13.5 million to Eskenazi Health since 1907, including funding for the Limestone Falls in the Eskenazi Hospital courtyard. We look forward to continuing our support as we celebrate with the 60th Anniversary Decorators’ Show House and Gardens this spring. Preparations are underway and will be ready for public tours beginning Saturday, April 24th through Mother’s Day, May 9th. Electronic timed tickets go on sale March 17th.
The “Columns on Meridian” is a beautiful Colonial home, featuring eight massive Corinthian columns on the open front porch. The home was built in 1929 and 1930 by the Schoen-Morgan Company. Its first owner was author and statesman, Meredith Nicholson. Born in Crawfordsville, Nicholson was a self-taught poet, writer, and columnist, who worked for a time at the Indianapolis Sentinal and the Indianapolis News. He also served as a diplomat to three South American countries during Franklin D. Roosevelt's and Harry S. Truman's administrations. Nicholson wrote extensively and helped to create the Golden Age of literature in Indiana.